ArtByDArt Website Revamp – How Did I Do?
I’ve spent the last two days updating my ArtByDArt website to a format that better shows off my art. I think the new design is simple, clean, and elegant; and I really like the way it displays images. I’d like to invite everyone to take a look around, peek into all the nooks and crannies, and let me know what you think. Especially let me know if you notice any bugs or glitches. You can reach me by using the Contact form in the sidebar, or you can message me on my ArtByDArt Facebook Page.
Here are a few of the things I’ve done:
- Added a new contact form with captcha ( to keep out the killer robots)
- Added a menu with links to show For Sale Paintings and Sold Paintings (Prints coming soon)
- Added a menu link to my ArtByDArt Christmas Stockings page
- Updated my generic “Debbie’s Blog” featured image photo
- Added a “Fun Facts” section to the footer of the site
- Added a “Featured Art” section at the bottom of the page
- Added a “Shop Now” section to the sidebar that will take you to the ArtByDArt Etsy Shop
- Added a section for “Award Winners” to display my art that’s won ribbons
- Added a slider with all of my Original Paintings that are For Sale
- Added a “Featured Posts” section to highlight various Paintings, Prints, or Crafts
I’m also thinking about adding a Testimonials or Reviews page to the ArtByDArt Website. Of course, maintaining a website is always a work in progress, as is creating strategies for promoting my art. I know I’m a “slow and steady” type of person when it comes to marketing my work, but I really feel that my pace helps my business grow organically. Though your mileage may vary, I prefer to build a substantive Facebook Page and Website before I start to market it. Personally, I find that when I build a site specifically to market my art instead of just to display it or tell people about it or simply share it, that the end result looks too contrived … phony. I hope that’s a problem I’ve managed to overcome with the slow and steady pace I’ve used to build the online presence for ArtByDArt – Debbie Ainsworth Art.